Online & Face to face counselling
Person-Centred Psychologist & Psychotherapist
passionate about human happiness
I am Person-Centred Counsellor and Psychotherapist, I am also a qualified Clinical Psychologist in Brazil. After my initial training , which was mostly based on the medical model, I wanted to develop a warmer approach to my work, which led me to train in the Person-Centred Approach. Today I integrate the scientific understanding with my life experience, I feel compassion and understanding for what life brings to us , both in individual level and as a collective. I continue to be part of the scientific community and keep up to date with the newest developments in the field.
I have more than fifteen years of experience working with individuals, adults and children, as well as groups, promoting emotional well-being and finding better, healthier ways to be in relationships.
I work with adults and young people, I offer consultations in English and Portuguese. I have been working online since 2013.
Qualifications, academic research & experience
- MSc Investigative Psychology University of Huddersfield 2017-18 In-depth training in all aspects of Investigative Psychology as developed by Professor David Canter. Advanced statistical analysis, and scientific analysis of criminal patterns of behaviour, which support psychologists to make contributions to the legal and investigative process, as well as to crime prevention and rehabilitation of offenders. Clinical forensic psychology, the relationship between mental disorder and crime. Risk factors and risk assessment measures used to assess the risk of (re)-offending and approaches to helping victims. Insights into organized and cyber crime. Criminal narratives theory and its application to the study of violent and sexual crime. Strong research focus.
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy Temenos 2009-2012 Theory and practice of the Person-Centred approach as conceived by Carl Rogers, including its philosophical basis. Student centred environment for learning; conceptualization and application of the 6 core conditions for psychological growth, through group process . Critical analysis skills, comparative evaluation of the different models pf psychotherapy, development of competency in self and peer assessment in professional practice, in regards to ethical issues and critical theory. Clinical case studies and 200 hours of supervised practice.
- BSc Hons Psychology (1st Class) (PUC-Sao Paulo, Brazil, 1997-2001) Clinical Psychologist Professional Qualification Comprehensive training in all issues related to mental health, child development , psychopathology , psychometric and psychological assessments, therapeutic approaches, ethics, research methods and practice , philosophical basis of each approach in Psychology, social and institutional psychology, psychobiology, etc. The course included two years clinical placement (420 hours) at a number of settings : primary school, women’s hospital , psychiatric day hospital and the university psychological clinic, which provided low cost psychological services to the community.
Over the years I have attended numerous short courses and trainings sessions, some of them are listed below :
- Children and Young People Psychotherapy
- Expressive arts therapy (Person-Centred)
- Body Psychotherapy
- Safeguarding children
- Domestic violence and abuse
- Person-Centred Couples & Family Therapy
- Transpersonal psychology
- Member of The British Psychological Society since 2005
- Registered Member of BACP
- Accredited member of National Counselling Society
- Member of the Association of Humanistic Psychology in Britain AHPb
- Member of The Person-Centred Association UK
I have many years of experience working with in private practice, with clients of various backgrounds and ages. I also have worked in a number of charities and contracted by Social Care to work with families and children. I have developed and implemented a full psychological service for a NGO, providing psychological assessments and psychotherapy to university students. I work with a wide range of issues , my special interests are women’s well being, relationships and developmental trauma. For full details o my work experience follow the link below.
- MSc Investigative Psychology, University of Huddersfield (2018) Dissertation “Domestic Violence: contributions toward an integrated dynamic model for the differentiation of perpetrators.” Not all violent partners are the same, my literature review of current typologies of domestic violent perpetrators , showed their limitations. I propose a more dynamic model, including the evaluation of coercive control as a crucial factor for risk assessment in domestic violence situations.
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy, Temenos(2012)Dissertation: “From becoming a therapist to becoming a person. ” This work brought together my reflections on my training in the Person-Centred approach, how my first objective had been transformed throughout the years of experiencial training, as it shifted from focusing on the professional practice to developing as a person. The human being took a bit more space , found its own needs and a voice that was heard, the whole process brought deep personal insights and profound changes to both my professional and personal life.
- BSc Hons Psychology, Clinical Psychologist Professional Doctorate Thesis , PUC-SP (2001) “Passion and transformation in the inviduation process. ” My qualitative research , using thematic interpretative analysis looked at the intense experience of falling in love, the passionate moment in someone’s life , which can bring growth, but many times is followed by pain and loss, which can be difficult to integrate. I studied the course of romantic encounters and how it can be transformed into enduring love and commitment between partners. The meaning of each of the phases falling in love “being in heaven” , “expulsion of paradise” and “returning to Earth life” were explored in the light Jungian analytical psychology theory.
What are you struggling with?
I can offer you the right conditions so you can overcome difficulties and continue growing and enjoying life.
Get in touch
Please contact to talk about your needs and how I may be able to help. You can give me a call or drop an email for an informal chat about you and your concerns. Skype calls available.